In September 2010 St James asked Totality to create a new brand and develop an integrated marketing campaign for their forthcoming residential scheme to be built on the Tideway industrial estate, located on the riverfront in the Vauxhall Nine Elms Opportunity Area.
The new scheme would consist of six similar prow-fronted buildings designed by Rogers Stirk Harbour and Partners, and one of the very first new-build schemes to be launched in the Opportunity Area.
To achieve their ambitious sales targets, St James was clear about the marketing objectives:
- To establish Tideway as the premium new riverside address in Central London.
- To position Tideway as the first and best location to live within the Nine Elms regeneration area.
Target buyers were geographically spread from SE Asia, through the middle east to the UK itself. Ranging from high net worth business people buying purely for investment, to London-based first time buyers or down-sizers. And it was clear that a common purchase criterion would be capital growth potential, given that the scheme’s position at the vanguard of a long-term transition of a major Central London area.
In this context, everything about the scheme and its marketing needed to be future-facing, befitting of both the scheme and its surrounding area:
- The whole area presented the possibility of future growth (despite continuing question marks over the neighbouring Battersea Power Station and funding of the proposed Northern line extension)
- The scheme’s architectural style was markedly different from existing riverside schemes.
- The first riverfront scheme by Rogers Stirk Harbour and Partners.Totality translated this future-facing story into the central positioning thought: “Riverside living v2.0”, which then became the foundation for all marketing that followed. The very name “Riverlight” broke with the norm of the plethora of wharf / riverside suffices so beloved of existing riverside schemes.
To further enhance the positioning, Totality conceived a unique residents’ club, integrating a wide range of leisure and lifestyle facilities. The concept was then interpreted by interior architects EPR into the Clubhouse – a new triple-height facility exclusive to residents.
To date, Riverlight has been marketed through exhibitions in SE Asia, Turkey and various Middle Eastern territories. Achieving sales 500% above pre-launch targets.